happy iphone day

Gadget-geeks and Macheads all across the country are converging on Apple and AT+T stores. At 6pm tonight, the iPhone hits the shelves. Well, I kinda doubt it will ever make to the actual shelves in most places. Rumor is that Apple has only planned on manufacturing 4 million iPhones in its first release.

I am starting to really believe that Steve Jobs might have supernatural powers. I, like many others, was glued to the web as the original iPhone announcement was being shared piecemeal by bloggers like Gizmodo and Engadget. But I thought, "I can wait" I wanted to see how well it worked and maybe even wait for the second generation to come out. But then a week ago, my iPod stopped working. Yes, it was old but a strange coincidence.

Then, today I was walking by an AT+T store and saw that even near Wall Street, a line of about 15-20 people had already gathered. Just as I was thinking they looked like a pretty nerdy collective, a pigeon shit on me from a tree above. Stop it Jobs, ok, I'll get one.

-Matt

No comments: